After we recap Jeanette's weekend in Williamsburg, VA, it's time to talk about Eminem's performance at the BET Hip Hop Awards and the complicated position of allies in the effort to equality. Somewhat related, we also discuss the White Identity Development Model and how, it turns out, we can trace a lot of what this podcast has covered to different stages of that model. Finally, our list of 50 experiences of racially mixed people continues with some talk about the company you keep.
- Eminem (12:00)
- White Identity Development Model (26:30)
- 50 Experiences of Racially Mixed People, 31-35 (37:00)
- Hispanic Federation (DONATE)
- Black-ish’s musical episode about Juneteenth is a pointed lesson on American ignorance (Vox)
- Watch: Eminem's BET Awards freestyle rap is 5 minutes of blistering anti-Trump invective (Vox)
- Exclusive: Rappers Fat Joe and Talib Kweli on Eminem (MSNBC)
- Helm’s White Racial Identity Development Model (Boise State University)
- 50 Experiences of Racially Mixed People (PDF)
If you have any feedback, questions, comments, insights, opinions, or other cleverly worded sentences you’d like us to read, send them to email@example.com.
Intro/Outro licensed by AudioNetwork. "Good Time" - Andy Cooper, Pablo Love, Campbell E Browning