After a quick check-in on the #OhBetsy story of the week, Jeanette shares the motivations behind and initial reaction to her new hair style. This segues perfectly into a conversation about how hair can closely relate to identity and the latest discussion around Colin Kaepernick. Finally, we begin a new regular segment on the podcast: 50 Experiences of Racially Mixed People, starting with the first five on the list.
- Jeanette's New Hairdo (10:30)
- Colin Kaepernick (18:40)
- 50 Experiences of Racially Mixed People, 1-5 (32:30)
- DeVos: Civil rights office will return to being a 'neutral' agency (Politico)
- The backlash over Colin Kaepernick is just Americans’ refusal to acknowledge racism — again (Vox)
- Colin Kaepernick posts definition of 'Stockholm syndrome' after Michael Vick tells him to get a haircut (Business Insider)
- 50 Experiences of Racially Mixed People (PDF)
If you have any feedback, questions, comments, insights, opinions, or other cleverly worded sentences you’d like us to read, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intro/Outro licensed by AudioNetwork. "Good Time" - Andy Cooper, Pablo Love, Campbell E Browning