After a brief chat about the Oscars and Jeanette getting a chance to see Christopher at work, it's time to dig into our thoughts on Black Panther, the value of representation, and the risk of cultural appropriation. We don't spoil the movie, but the conversation is more fun if you've seen it. Then, Jeanette introduces Christopher to the docu-series, "The Loving Generation" and a the diverse perspectives on race and identity that come from the generation of biracial children born between 1965 and 1985.
- This is Tidepool (1:20)
- Black Panther (8:30)
- The Loving Generation (34:45)
- Black Panther Challenge (Black Panther Challenge)
- Black Panther (Box Office Mojo)
- How race led Amandla Stenberg to bow out of Black Panther casting (EW)
- Chadwick Boseman surprises Black Panther fans (Jimmy Fallon, YouTube)
- The Loving Generation (Topic)
- Loving v. Virginia (Wikipedia)
- Race/Related Newsletter (NY Times)
If you have any feedback, questions, comments, insights, opinions, or other cleverly worded sentences you’d like us to read, send them to email@example.com.
Intro/Outro licensed by AudioNetwork. "Good Time" - Andy Cooper, Pablo Love, Campbell E Browning