After dusting off our Beyoncé impersonations, it's time to talk about white male privilege and some of the intellectually stimulating conversations Jeanette had at the 2017 NASPA Annual Conference in San Antonio, Texas. Later, we discuss the mechanics of developing, proposing, and eventually defending a PhD dissertation. Finally, we share our thoughts on the recent wave of racist flyers that were posted on the University of Maryland campus. Get ready.
- White Male Privilege (0:00)
- Mechanics of a Dissertation (31:00)
- Racist flyers at University of Maryland (46:00)
- NASPA - Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA)
- White Privilege Explained in Five Minutes (Facebook)
- Google Scholar (Google)
- ‘America is a white nation’: More racist fliers spotted at University of Maryland (The Washington Post)
If you have any feedback, questions, comments, insights, opinions, or other cleverly worded sentences you’d like us to read, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intro/Outro licensed by AudioNetwork. "Good Time" - Andy Cooper, Pablo Love, Campbell E Browning