Jeanette has returned from her international adventures to talk about her sixth trip to South Africa, the difference in international interactions from now compared to 2008, how our President's remarks are viewed around the world. We also discuss the recent unfortunate news from H&M's latest clothing ad campaign.
- Coolest Monkey in the Jungle, H&M - (07:00)
- Jeanette in South Africa - (15:45)
- NFL asks reporters to specify their race for Super Bowl press passes (Washington Post)
- H&M Closes Stores in South Africa Amid Protests Over ‘Monkey’ Shirt (The New York Times)
- SAHRC Expects Draft Action Plan From H&M on Diversity, Racism (Eyewitness News)
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - The danger of a single story (TEDGlobal)
- Race/Related Newsletter (NY Times)
If you have any feedback, questions, comments, insights, opinions, or other cleverly worded sentences you’d like us to read, send them to email@example.com.
Intro/Outro licensed by AudioNetwork. "Good Time" - Andy Cooper, Pablo Love, Campbell E Browning