With Christopher in Orlando for work and Jeanette in Nashville for family fun, the plan was for a short episode. You can look at the timestamps to see how that went. Christopher shares his recent published research on diabetes and aging, Jeanette talks about meeting Freedom Riders, and somehow Blue Bell ice cream found a way onto our list of discussion topics.
- Christopher, published (3:40)
- Blue Bell Ice Cream (13:45)
- 100 Ways White People Can Make Life Less Frustrating For People of Color, 81-100 (23:30)
- White People Are Cowards (The Root)
- Mixed-race family asks Blue Bell Ice Cream to change flavor name to be more inclusive (CBS News)
- Why celebrating Juneteenth is more important now than ever (Vox)
- Diabetes Online Community User Perceptions of Successful Aging With Diabetes: Analysis of a #DSMA Tweet Chat (JMIR Publications)
- 100 Ways White People Can Make Life Less Frustrating For People of Color (Vice)
- Race/Related Newsletter (NY Times)
If you have any feedback, questions, comments, insights, opinions, or other cleverly worded sentences you’d like us to read, send them to email@example.com.
Intro/Outro licensed by AudioNetwork. "Good Time" - Andy Cooper, Pablo Love, Campbell E Browning